In this episode Adi, Allen, and Sascha talk with Rasheed Atanda about his library Elasticlunr which brings the power of full-text search to the BEAM without any external dependencies. They discuss where the library is standing right now, how indexing works in detail, and the benefits and drawbacks of having an external dependencies - such as Elasticsearch - compared to running it inside the same BEAM instance as your application.
- Introduction to Elasticlunr
- GitHub - heywhy/ex_elasticlunr: Elasticlunr is a small, full-text search library for use in the Elixir environment. It indexes JSON documents and provides a friendly search interface to retrieve documents.
- GitHub Discussions for Elasticlunr
- Adi- Weekly mentorship program for underrepresented groups in tech. Reach out to Adi via twitter or gmail if interested. Twitter: @lebugcatcher Gmail: email@example.com
- Allen- Blockchain in Action
- Sascha- GitHub - junegunn/fzf: A command-line fuzzy finder
- Sascha- GitHub - sharkdp/fd: A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to 'find'