In this episode the panel talks with Adolfo Neto who went out to learn Erlang during last year’s “Advent of Code”. He talks about his experience with the format, compares it against using a platform such as exercism.org - where mentors can give feedback - and how this shaped his perception of the onboarding experience of Erlang.
The panel also discusses Adolfo’s involvement in the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation’s education working group and what they think Erlang - and Elixir - could do better to attract newcomers and make onboarding easier.
- Advent of Code
- Erlang Ecosystem Foundation
- José Valim on Twitch (Advent of Code Streams)
- GitHub - livebook-dev/livebook: Interactive and collaborative code notebooks for Elixir - made with Phoenix LiveView
- Programming Erlang (Book)
- Learn You Some Erlang (Book)
- GitHub - gfngfn/Sesterl: An ML-like statically-typed Erlang
- Nova Framework (Erlang)
- Zotonic Framework (Erlang)
- Telegram: Elixir World (Group)
- Slack: Erlang Ecosystem Foundation
- Hello Erlang (Podcast)
- Elixir Em Foco (Portuguese Podcast)
- Elixir, Erlang and the BEAM with Adolfo Neto (YouTube)